1. All references within this policy to "we", "us" "our" 1-2-Let (Letting & Sales) Ltd, registration no SC425920 with registered address at registered office address: 104 Bellgrove Street, Glasgow G31 1AA. 1-2-let (Letting & Sales) Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998, reference number: ZA305436,LARN1901031
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
- 1. In order to provide you with more information about a property we only request your name, email, telephone number and address to allow us to contact you with regard to the property whose schedule you have downloaded.
- 2. When you engage with us to provide you with services, we will collect, store and use the personal information that you provide to us in your instructions and during the course of our business relationship with you. We may ask you for additional personal information during the course of our business relationship, which shall be collected, stored and used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- 3. As a business we collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are.
If you are purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property through us we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services.
- 4. Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, username and password, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses).
- 5. Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers).
- 6. Financial Data (bank account and payment details).
- 7. Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us).
- 8. Technical Data (internet protocol address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer's device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet).
- 9. Usage Data (how you use our website products and services, the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, lengths of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, methods to browse away from the page and any phone numbers you use to call us).
- 10. Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
- 11. If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to provide you with services.
WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO:
- 1. Provide you with services, whether as a prospective or a successful tenant, landlord, buyer or seller – for example, providing property alerts for prospective tenants and buyers or property valuation and marketing services for landlords and sellers.
- 2. Provide you with advice and information regarding our services – for example, communicating with you by email, letter and/or telephone; and respond to and communicate with you regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints or concerns.
- 1. We do not offer any products or services to children. In certain circumstances (for example a mortgage or property application) we may need to collect the name and date of birth of children from applicants, and share this with the selected provider i.e mortgage or property application.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- 1. We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
- 2. We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory or regulatory obligations. We may also share personal data with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
- 3. We keep personal data for a period to be determined in accordance with our general procedures for data retention. We will review and possibly delete your personal information following a period of at least three years after we have ceased to have a business relationship with you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 1. Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK / EU and is accessed by our staff and ICT service providers for the purposes set out above.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
- 1. Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email, post and/or telephone with information about our services.
- 2. We will share Information about services available from us, i.e property alerts, newsletters and other information that we think might be relevant to you.
- 3. Email, post and/or telephone updates when a new property meeting your search criteria comes to the market.
- 4. Once you submit your preferences to us, we will send you an email to confirm these. Please note that we will not email you with any information until you have confirmed your preferences by responding to our email.
- 5. We will only use your postal address, email address and/or telephone number for the purposes of sending you communications that you have consented to receive by ticking any of the boxes above in accordance with our privacy notice.
- 6. You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you communications by contacting us.
1-2-Let (Lettings & Sales) Ltd Registered offices:
104 Bellgrove Street
Tel: 0141 550 88 88
- 1. Our website may automatically collect data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
- 2. The cookies on our website do not track, collect or upload data such as your name, email address or billing information, but it may collect data about your equipment and browsing activities. We may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
- 3. Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in our control. You can disable location settings within your browser.
- 1. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- 2. Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- 3. Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
LEGAL OBLIGATIONS/MONEY LAUNDERING
- 1. We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to people with whom we have a business relationship for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (the "AML Regulations").
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- 1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- 2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- 3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- 4. Object to processing situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- 5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- 6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- 7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- We reserve the right to at any time and our sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions of Use, including our Privacy and Cookies Policy, with or without notice to the user. Any such change will be effective immediately upon public posting. Your continued use of service and this site following any such change constitutes your acceptance of these modified terms.